Monday, September 22

There's no such word as can't

That's what my grandfather used to tell school kids, and any others who asked his opinion.

Grandpa wanted to be a pilot. His father told him no. Circumstance agreed; a dirt poor farm boy from Idaho could in no way afford tuition for flight school.

Instead of throwing in the towel, Grandpa looked at all he could do. That's how he ended up piloting his own crafts that flew over the snow--Sno-planes. That's how a farm boy who once was told no was able to say yes when he was invited to be an honoree in an Olympic parade a few years back.

Looking back on all my no's, it's when I've believed my Grandfather's philosophy and decided to live it that I've understood...it's true.

If you'd like to learn more about my grandfather, click here.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...