Monday, March 30

Sweet Pork Recipe

I promised to post my sweet pork recipe on Saturday but I got busy in the yard. This is actually a sweet pork recipe I pulled off the Internet so I can't take credit. My family doesn't seem to mind where I got it, just as long as I keep making it!

Cafe Rio Sweet Pork

1 pork roast, 3-5 lbs
Salt and pepper
1 clove garlic, or equivalent in garlic powder
1 16.9 oz. bottle Dr. Pepper (uncaffeinated works)
1 16 oz. bottle Pace red taco sauce, mild or medium
1 teaspoon cumin
1 cup brown sugar

Put roast, salt and pepper, and garlic in crock pot with just enough water to cover the top of the roast. Cook five hours on low. Remove roast, drain water, cut roast into four or five chunks and return to crock pot. Add Dr. Pepper and cook on low three more hours. Transfer roast and any liquid to large pot or skillet. At this point you should be able to easily pull it apart/shred. Add taco sauce, cumin, and brown sugar. The original recipe calls for Coke but we prefer the Dr. Pepper. You can also add a can of green chilies. Use on tortillas or in salads!

Let me know if have any questions.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...