10. Getting another copy of Josi Kilpack’s book Lemon Tart. I loaned out my first copy and the book is so well regarded that it keeps getting passed around, and around, and around... This one is mine, all mine! I also loved getting a copy of Lisa Mangum’s new book, The Hourglass Door, and winning a copy of A Modest Proposal.
9. Learning that patience and persistence pay off.
8. All the books and chocolate in the bookstore!
7. Boot Camp. Sincere thanks to Tristi and everyone at my critique table for their insight. It was well worth getting up early to be there.
6. Candace’s advice on marketing, although I had to leave early for my pitch session.
5. Cindy’s presentation on public speaking, she's engaging and knowledgeable.
4. Making new friends and putting faces with names from Internet groups.
3. Moments when I was realized I was guided to be in the right place at the right time to meet or speak to someone I’d never met before—Julie I didn’t get your email but I hope to hear from you soon.
2. The honor of meeting Kerry Blair in person, and making the acquaintance of Haley Hatch Freeman.
1. Being in the company of so many talented people who were willing to share their expertise, and who strive to make the world a better place by uplifting and inspiring those around them. Thanks, Storymakers, for putting it all together.