Friday, January 30

An Etsy Shop

My daughter, Mallorie, is working hard to build a business. She's created an Etsy shop and has made the cutest wallets, bags, and scarves. Here's what she says:

"These bags started with a childhood wish to sew everything. I was always asking to use a sewing machine and loved watching my mother craft things from fabric. It amazed me how a flat square could become a beautiful creation. I took a sewing class in middle school and dazzled my family with my pajama pants, stuffed animal, and pillow. I finally decided that maybe I wasn't professional after all, but that I had learned a few things. I later decided to become serious about it. I am a very eager learner and ask everyone around me to teach me a few things here and there and the rest I learn by my own experience. I still love seeing the finished product after hours of working the fabric this way and that and love trying new things. I am grateful for the life that God has given me and the people in it who inspire me."
I'm biased, true, but proud and justifiably so. You see, this amazing creature who is my daughter started out at a mere 2 lbs. 13 ounces . Throughout her life she has battled often times debilitating health problems, yet she always comes up swinging.

She makes me laugh.

She inspires me.

And I do love her Etsy stuff, which you can see by clicking here.

Please excuse the plug. I couldn't help myself.
I am, after all, her mom.

2 comments:

Sherry said...

I looked at her store. I wish her all the best.

Lori said...

Thanks, Sherry. You're the best.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...