Monday, January 31

One Million Acts of Kindness


One million acts of kindness in a lifetime.

That’s Bob Votruba’s mission. 

He wants to encourage others to commit
one million acts of kindness
 in their lifetimes and
he's gone on the road to
promote his powerful message.

The Cleveland native and
his Boston terrier, Bogart, are
spreading the word of kindness
as they travel in a converted school bus, 
their home on the road.

Why?

Because Bob believes in
the transformative power of kindness
to make the world a better place.

Read more about Bob and Bogart here: http://www.onemillionactsofkindness.com/



I admire Bob's passion. I love this idea.

Bob is quick to point out that if you hear something
often enough, you start to believe it.

Think about it.

How many times do we hear something negative about
ourselves--and we're quick to believe it?

Wouldn't it be nice to hear something nice instead?

We can be the change we want to see in the world.

Do you think it's possible to commit
 one million acts of kindness in a lifetime?
Where are you going to start?

5 comments:

Sherry said...

Lori, I think anything is possible when you put your mind to it. I think you have to start with yourself and then move forward to family, friends and anyone who needs a little kindness. Kindness is something everyone can do everyday, several times a day if that is what they choose to do. You're a good example of that.

Dilemma said...

I LOVE this idea...and yes, I do think it's absolutely possible! What a beautiful goal. Thanks for sharing such great inspiration, Lori. It is such a great feeling to know that I have made someone someone's day a little brighter, one's load a little lighter. I think I will record some of my acts of kindness in my gratitude journal each night. Hmmm...I feel a "Family Home Moment" coming on...our family journal could certainly use some new excitement. Perhaps "kindness entries" are in order. :) Beautiful! You are a blessing, Lori!

Lori said...

Sherry, I agree--anything is possible when you put your mind to it. Family and friends are the perfect place to start.

You're sweet to say I'm an example...I feel I have a long way to go. In the past I've definitely been guilty of trying to change the world while all the time forgetting that the world is comprised of individuals.:)

Thanks for stopping by!

alpinekleins said...

Wow - an inspiring thought . . . wouldn't it be nice!

Kristin

Lori said...

An inspiring thought indeed and one I find worthy of trying to act on. Sincere thanks for stopping by, Kristin!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...